prose by amanda

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So work has been altogether interesting lately. As I have become more a part of the 'group' I have been privy to all of the bullshit. I'm not so sure I'm excited about that. Rumor has it, if my newly instated boss can't clean up her predecessor's mess we could be outsourced. Okay, not 'we' but our department. That wouldn't be too promising for me. Although I know that my boss likes me, finding 30 jobs within our company probably won't happen. Due to my lack of any corporate experience, I could really be in trouble. I'm not sure and at this point it is just rumors. The only upside would be unemployment checks and maybe being home while with a baby. That would probably be too convenient and then I would never want to go back to work. No thanks, I'll take the job.

On another note, February looms ever-nearer and the thought of babies is exciting and then scary. I was at Target with Jake the other day and bought a book about what to do if you are trying to get pregnant. I know the most obvious answer but I figured that if we are going to plan it, then I should do everything in my power to either prepare my body or make it a little healthier. Such as my recently renewed lust for cigarettes. OUT! We have decided that today we are quitting for real. I am not too sure about Jake but I really really want to stick with it! I will never be a smoker whilst pregnant but I don't want to have it as a lifestyle right now either.

I told myself that I would not tell everyone on earth that we are going to try but I can't help myself. I like sharing with people, well, I like sharing my excitement. Not everything. I do feel like I am going to jinx myself by talking about it too much. Oh well, I have to try to stick to the mantra "what will be will be." I'm not so sure I can do that. That would interfere with my worrying and as we all know, that just won't do.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM PST , Blogger Housefairy said...

What book was it?
Take 800 mcg of Folate (folic acid) daily from now until baby is weaned.


Breathe fresh air, literally and psychically.

Eliminate stresses from your life. Look deeply to see what this means for you and your husband.

Drink water like you just ran a marathon.

Enjoy growing and changing as a couple---healthy changes for both of you is only fair, and the journey will become the two-sided thing that it truly is.

Laugh more, love more, let the little roll off even if this is the most foreign sensation you have ever encountered.

Strengthen your resolve to defend yourself, your family, and anything you believe in. This is the best practice for motherhood.

Enjoy making the baby and all the times you didnt make one ; )

Enjoy thin hands and feet, rings that fit, foods that smell "right" and sleeping through the night without barfing or peeing. This is not to be negative at all, just very very open and honest.

Envision your baby, the one you have had in your mind since you were little. Invite this baby to come into your lives, and it will.

LOVE+Fairy dust

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home