prose by amanda

Monday, December 11, 2006

Are they watching?

During our work meeting today we were informed that our internet perusing is/could be monitored. I am not particularly concerned due to the fact that they mentioned 'myspace' as a problem. I canceled my profile on myspace quite some time ago, months, in fact. I should be safe checking my email and reading blogs.

On another note, it hasn't even been a month but I am proud to say that I have not been tempted to cut my hair. Although...today at work a lady looked at me and asked,"got a haircut?" Needless to say, I was crushed because I haven't gotten in cut in a few months and I am trying to grow it. Nothing worse than being told that your hair looks shorter when you are trying to grow it. For those of you that dont' understand, I envy and possibly hate you. ;)

We did have our little holiday gathering this past weekend and it went great, or so I was told. I will probably never be convinced that a party I throw is a success because I am such a harsh critic of myself. Anyways, our friends were awesome and brought us alcohol and made the party great. They ooh'd and ahh'd over the right things that made me feel good about my home and they didn't get the slightest bit upset when my vodka and tonic loving husband passed our rather early. Great great friends and we are lucky!

The true test of any party is having another one and seeing if people come to that one! Then again, everyone that went to our wedding said it was one of the best and I certainly couldn't see that because I was too busy 'hello-and-goodbye-ing' our guests. I'll take everyones word that is rocked. It makes me feel good.

To make this post that much more rambling let me just add that I have only two finals left and actually met people downtown today for a mini-study session. I was only there for an hour or so but it was more than I would have done if I got home right after work! I really should get an 'A' in this class and if I don't it would only be out of pure laziness. One day(raising my fist in the air) I WILL graduate from WSU. (....and then I will continue on towards my masters for the next 20 years....)

Christmas is only 14 days away and I have been racking my brain to think of the ultimate special gift for Jake. I can think of creative 'perfect' gifts for absolutely everyone else. Seriously, even if I don't know the person that well, I could think of a seemingly 'perfect Christmas wish gift.' Just not for husband. Hmmm..... He has mentioned things or I have mentioned things but then it isn't the Christmas miracle of gifts. Even if I dont' get it this year, I will be thinking year-round so that one day I can present him with the perfect present. I believe that I tend to be over-wrought with gift buying anxiety because in the past when I have felt that I have given a really well-thought gift it has turned out to be a dud. I'm not referring to Jake, mind you. He is the perfect recipiant of any gift. He claims it to be the best and tells everyone about it. Exactly what you would ask for in a receiver of a Christmas gift. I still think that I haven't captured the actual dream for him though. One day!

No other news really. Devon is due in 15 days and I am already on edge to get the phone call! Aunt Amanda will be in overdrive the minute I get the call. I have been a little aunt-ish with the Leach kids and would be moreso if I wasn't afraid I would over do it and freak them out! Jack will have it from the start and won't know that his aunt is crazy until he is old enough to chat with friends!

Ok the meandering and sometimes witty(i hope) blog is done! Let me just pray that they dont' take my internet away at work or I will surely die of boredom.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM PST , Blogger Hawksbill said...

Yes, your party rocked! I really loved those fruity drinks you made. I had the cherry ones I think (two of them!). What were they exactly, because I really, really want more of them!

And, it wouldn't be a party if someone didn't pass out early! :)

I had a great time, and I love your new apartment!

-jd

 
At 5:03 AM PST , Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks! the drinks were really really simple. Just your favorite sorbet
3/4 of the champagne flute and then fill with prisecco(sp?) it is an italian
sparkling wine that I know I can't spell. i just put a little lemon zest on
the top and forgot to add a mint leaf for garnish. I'm really glad they were
a hit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home