prose by amanda

Saturday, December 02, 2006

ho ho ho?

As I have blogged and blogged about, I have been supremely excited for the holiday season to approach. Although I have touted the joys of the season I find myself faltering. It really shouldn't be about money but I find that when you have very little, it does tend to dampen some spirits. It isn't that I want much money for myself, it is that I would really like to buy some nice gifts for people and I can't.
Yeah, yeah, it is always said to 'make a gift' and that 'homemade gifts are the best.' Well, if I was super crafty or a really great baker I could probably come up with some cool homemade gifts. Because I am not, anything homemade from me would tend to look a little more 'I'm poor and threw something together.' Damn those crafty people!
I'm not really whining. I should be able to buy gifts for all the people on my list, just not the gifts I would like to buy. I would love to get Jake something that he really really wants and I never manage to think ahead and save money for it. It really bothers me. I just want there to be one Christmas where I can go a little crazy and he can be shocked and happy to see what I got him and he didn't know. He never really got spoiled as a child and while spoiling isn't necessary, it would be nice to spoil him just once. As it stands, he will most likely get a couple of gifts that aren't particularly special but something for him to open. I am thinking of a couple of ways to scrounge up a few more bucks on the sly for his gifts. We'll see how it goes but the best gift of all would be seeing his face look compeletely baffled by the fact that I was able to get him things that he didn't expect or couldn't figure out where I got the money. It would be great.
Just writing about this is helping with my Christmas spirit a little. Maybe I will go and pop in a Christmas movie such as Christmas Vacation and drink some egg nog. That should cheer me or at least make me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home