prose by amanda

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wow

The weekend has once again sped by and left me wondering where the hell all the time went. It doesn't seem like we did all that much and then on the other hand it feels like we didn't stop until we hit our pillows.

We had gone over our friends house on Friday evening and hung out with their family. Every time we are with them and their little ones we are reminded of how anxious we are to start our family. Once again on Saturday we had to go to their house for a fundraiser for BAMN and then again on Sunday we were there for their youngest child's birthday party. Needless to say, we pretty much felt like we never left their house all weekend! It was fun and I am sure that Steve and Joy are not eager to have a housefull for a while.

So while the weekend was not entirely restful, the upcoming week shouldn't be too bad. Jake and I only work from Monday to Wednesday. It will be nice to have a long weekend and we don't have that many plans. Just getting our Christmas tree and decorating it are the big plans we are excited for! Saturday night Jake is hanging out with his friends so I will have no excuse to NOT work on my research paper! That is it for my plans this week! Pretty damn nice! I know that a few of our friends wan to go out to a bar on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, but I know right now that we do not have the funds for that. Sure, it doesn't seem like it would be that expensive but it will easily be at least a $50.00 night. We sure don't have the cash for that right now. It isn't like we are so extremely poor that we can never go out, be we are so extremely poor that we can't go out during the holidays! I would rather buy some presents than go out and spend money on drinks.

Our furniture is going to be here on Tuesday morning between 8am and 12pm as long as JC Penny doesn't let me down. I can't believe that I will have a place for people to sit. Several months is a long time to have to share a love seat every single time someone wants to sit down to watch some t.v.

Well, I had had high hopes for this blog but it has turned out to be rather dry and laden with pointless info. Oh well, maybe my next post will be a little more thrilling or at the very least, enjoyable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home