prose by amanda

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Yes! Jake and I did make it to Frankenmuth and spent silly amounts of money that we do not have on silly amounts of Christmas Decorations. I know it wasn't smart or responsible of us but it happened and we are excited to decorate! I must say this- what in the world is the purpose of Frankenmuth? I don't get it. Chicken dinners and a Christmas Store?! That is all I have gathered as far as reasons people go to 'Frankenmuth.' These two items could exist without a city or place centered around them. I don't get it. Maybe a Frankenmuth Enthusiast will enlighten me. I think I will just plan on going again in 10 years when I forget how pointless it is! We did have a nice time taking a long ride together and getting to chat and laugh about ridiculous things!

The much hyped 'Swanky Holiday Bash' will most likely not occur this year. We did decide on our long trip that maybe spending hundreds of dollars on liquor that perhaps we are better to just have some friends over for a super casual get together and still be able to buy loved ones Christmas presents. We hope that next year we will have enough foresight to put a little cash aside for the swanky event that won't dip into Christmas funds. It really doesn't need to be that expensive, but when you want to do it up right and it falls before the most expensive holiday of the year-you have to make some choices. Oh well, I still have the hope for an event that will be loved and become an annual tradition, until then, we wait!

Ok, I will have to actually put a more thoughtful post up when I am not so swamped at work! (Man, do I sound grown up!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home