prose by amanda

Friday, November 03, 2006

Do I need to be restrained?

A few of you may just want to slap me after you read this.
I am thinking of kidnapping my husband and taking him to Bronners Christmas Store in Frankenmuth! I know!!! I can't help it, I feel drawn to Christmas decorations this year. The only way it doesn't happen is if I decide I would rather go to the Birmingham Garage Sale tomorrow with Devon. That sounds like tons of fun too, but for some reason the call of personalized Christmas ornaments keeps beckoning me! Ok, I'm done with the Christmas talk, you can all calm down!
I bought the best thing ever yesterday!!! I know that I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself. I stopped at an antique shop near my house that I have been dying to check out. It is only open from 12 until 5pm wednesday-saturday. Who can fit that in??? Finally I made it after work yesterday and fell in LOVE with a chair I saw there. Normally I would not make such a purchase without considerable debate but I had to have this. Damn! I lost my digital camera and can't take a picture to show it off but I will describe for you all to envy-
It is a sturdy 1960's wooden chair with a woven-type back(forgive my furniture description skills) and it is painted black. The seat is upholstered in this awesome ecru/black leopard print. Now, I am NOT one for flamboyance but this chair is just awesome. It will probably be the only thing in my living room that is outlandish in any way, shape or form. I was/am so excited and I half expected Jake to flip when he realized that I just went and bought a piece of furniture without his opinion BUT with his money! Luckily he loved it and now I want my couches to come in even more because I am dying to have people over to say they love my decor decisions. Even if they don't they must lie because I am sooo in love with them. I will never want to leave my living room.
Okay, as soon as my couches and coffee table come in I will be posting pics because I am proud of my first 'adult' room. It wont look like a 'my very first apartment' living room anymore! Don't get me wrong, some people have awesome first apartments, but when Jake and I had our first place, well, it was pretty sad!
Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home