prose by amanda

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Let it Snow!!

You know, people tend to get mad when it snows a little prematurely but I love it! I can't help it, but come on, we know it most likely won't even build up. It usually just melts when it touches the ground! It is so pretty and reminds me of Christmas. Really, Christmas is my favorite time of the year and not only because of the presents. I think it is because there seems to be so much hope in the air. Sure, that's cheesy and maybe not true. It feels like that to me and if that is something that makes me smile, then so be it!

I really want this Christmas to be special. I don't know why I have such high hopes for this year. Again, not just the gifts! Maybe it is that Jake and I have our own little haven away from the cold and snow. Living in the upper flat just seems cozy to me and I dont know why! No one can see in our place and with the hardwood floors and windows that get frosted it just seems so wonderful. I get a little nervous when I am this excited for something because I tend to build things up so much in my mind that I almost inevitably get disappointed. This year we shouldn't be as broke as years past so we will be able to give gifts to our loved ones and feel that we got something they may like and we are proud to give.

The Swanky Holiday Party that I want to host should be on December 9th, but I better hurry up and start planning. I just dont' want to go so crazy on the party that I cut myself short with present money. Hmmm...I'll have to decide quickly on how I feel about this. Invitations will have to go out shortly!

Well, sorry if comments on the weather and upcoming Holidays sent anyone into a panic but I just can't help but get a little bit of Holiday Cheer. That said, if the girl in the next cubicle decides to play another Christmas SONG today, I may just kill her. That's a little overboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home