prose by amanda

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

YEA!!!!!

As I was working today the manager from the department that is correlated with our pulls me aside. Let me say that I really like this woman and had mentioned to her that I hoped to work for her at some point. Anyways, she tells me that she told my current manager that she wanted me in her department and now I am promoted(?) to patient accounting and in charge of medical-legal matters in our company. I am trying to make sure I am seeing the big picture, but I think it is a great thing considering that I have only been here for just under three months(my 90 trial period isn't even up) and I am being stolen by another manager! I was a little ballsy and asked if it came with a pay increase and she said it won't happen immediately because she is still fine tuning the details, but it will happen. I didn't want to press and ask how much! The new duties won't start until I have trained my replacement, who hasn't been hired yet, and I am trained up a bit in the new areas. I am so excited but can't call anyone to tell them because I am not sure if it is hush-hush for now....
Another plus-she told me that she wanted me in charge of med-legal(don't entirely know what that is yet) because she you had to be a smart person adn she didn't want some idiot on the phones with the lawyers! It is always nice to hear that your supervisor thinks you are 'not some idiot' so i'm psyched!She also told me that she suspected that I would end up taking over patient accounting...so yeah, I am not trying to brag-which I am, I am just really excited that my hard work is paying off for once! Yea! ok, I am done boasting, sharing, etc!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home