prose by amanda

Thursday, December 21, 2006

wha???

Apparently, before I even start the new position I was promoted to, I am being moved again into a new job title. I hear that the doctors I work for want to restructure our department. Fine by me, as it sounds as though the new job I will have will be far better than just helping patients with their billing problems all day. I really wasn't looking forward to that and now I don't have to dread it!

With only 4 days until Christmas I find myself being sad that it will all be over so soon. I really have enjoyed the Christmas season this year. Everything involved makes me feel happy;the cookies, the songs, the shopping(especially the shopping), the look on someone's face when they open the gift you picked out just for them, the anticipation of Santa Claus by all the kids, etc. It is just a fun, magical time that too many people brush off as a nuisance. It really is only a nuisance if you don't at least try to sit back and enjoy it just a little. It is truly the one time of the year that you can do things and just say,"it's Christmas, don't worry about it." People get funny when you want to do nice things for them, but if you do it at Christmastime, its okay.

Today I passed out cards to everyone in the office and it seemed as though I was just the sweetest person ever. Really? I didn't take a lot of time to do this and just thought that everyone would make a little effort. I guess I am crazy. Oh well, hopefully I made some lonely soul in a cubicle smile. That would make it all the more worth it.

On another note, we watched our friends kids last night so that they could go do some shopping together. It was a blast hanging out with the kids. They are always hilarious when they don't try to be. In particular, their 3 year old informed me that if you are bad for Christmas you get coal AND poop in your stocking. Maybe he should be scolded for saying that, but why? It really is funny. Plus, if you're bad, poop wouldn't be such a bad idea for a gift. Anyways, my maternal yearnings kicked into overdrive when he tripped and fell and was crying and just wanted me to hold him until he felt better. At first I had this weird fear that I was wrong to pick him up but then he didn't want to sit on the couch next to me, he wanted sit on my lap and just rest his head against me. Needless to say, I just about died. The supposed 'bad' kid(who isn't near bad at all) was all cuddly. Maybe I'm not the best babysitter ever because these kids are so great that I really couldn't be a real enforcer of rules if I wanted to. Maybe if they were bad but they're not. So, we all raged until about 10 pm when mom and dad got home. I let them deal with bedtime. I'd rather the kids think that when Jake and I are there, it is fun times.

Ok, I've rambled on and on about tidbits of my life, so next time I will perhaps put together a more organized blog. Unless Devon has her baby, then it will just be a meandering journey of me gushing. Or being revolted at what I saw in the delivery room. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home