prose by amanda

Friday, December 15, 2006

As I was driving to work today I began thinking about music. Well, moreso, lyrics to music that I just adore. Specific songs aside, the main thing I was thinking about is how once I become in love with a song I feel that it is 'mine.' Surely other people feel the same way as I do when they come to love a particular song.

Now, I'm not saying that every song I like is treated with such regard. Just those few songs that actually seem like they were written about you. Every time I feel this way about a song and then someone else mentions that they too like the song, inside I scoff at them. They couldn't possibly 'get' that song like I do. They don't appreciate all of the subtle nuances of the song, they don't have mental versions of how the music video should have been/could have been made, they don't actually feel the song.

To feel this way about a song, I don't think you need to know all the chords played or even the exact words necessarily. Sure those details would possibly increase the knowledge about the song, but not love.

Maybe loving music is a lot more similar to loving people than some would think. You may not like what the artist or music stands for but you can't help but love it.

Ok, I'm done trying to explain my deep love for the song "Physical" by Olivia Newton John. I'm sure you all understand. ;)

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM PST , Blogger Wedgehead said...

HAW HAW HAW! You rock! oh... you were prolly serious... TOO BAD! :-)

 
At 11:15 AM PST , Blogger Amanda said...

I was serious about somethings and joking about others. So it depends sir! But yes, I totally rock!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home