prose by amanda

Thursday, January 18, 2007

I FEEL THE NEED!

I must admit that I get urges every now and then that I simply must indulge. What? Well, let us just say that it involves going into just about any store I see fit and buying! Yeah, yeah some people love to shop. NO! I am weirdly obsessed with it. Every now and then I will look at Jake and say, "I need to shop." It really is a stress reducer for me. I have to do it! Even grocery shopping can cause a little thrill. I abhore the term "Shopaholic" but it could vaguely apply. Embarassingly.

I recently indulged in some shoes. Okay, 3 pairs of shoes. And some clothing and a little something for Jake. The real problem is, if I stave off the urge, I then go into overdrive and spend silly amounts on silly things. 3 pairs of shoes? same shoe, 3 different colors. That's right. I really shouldn't be admitting this. As an avid believer of just being myself, I feel that it would be dishonest to NOT admit this.

Last night I went shopping with my Joy and I truly believe the only reason that I spend under $60.00 at Crate and Barrel is because she was with me. Sure, I do try to reason everything I buy, but I went into overdrive when she was standing next to me. This is why I think I have a problem. I prefer to spend these crazy amounts of money alone. In solitude. That is usually a sign of a problem. I totally would have far more seriously considered buying a whole new set of dishes had she not been there. Thank the Lord she was. I DO NOT NEED A WHOLE NEW PLACE SETTING FOR 12! Maybe that will be the trick-taking someone with me who will not encourage me to buy everything I like. Jake is so wonderful he doesn't try to stop me unless it would hurt us financially. Even then it is half-heartedly as he must like the smile on my face after I buy something fabulous.

I could go on and on but I am already sure that many of you are rolling your eyes at me but really I hope I just made you all laugh at what I call lovingly 'one of my quirks.'

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM PST , Blogger Housefairy said...

Hey now! I loved those plates! I only said "why TWELVE?" (ok i also said holy s%$T to the prices and things like lets go to target....but if I helped, then awesome, but I go on the blogger record by saying i did NOT discourage spending! (especially at bennigans...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home