prose by amanda

Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, New Thoughts

Yes! It is 2007 and not a damn thing is different than 2006. Not really shocking, of course, as it was only a date change at midnight. Nothing else really changes at that stroke of the clock, yet everyone seems to have renewed hope. I must say, I hope I am one of those people at some point in my life.

Let me explain, I do not mean any of this in a pessimistic way. I only mean that just because it is suddenly 2007 doesn't mean that things are different or that I suddenly have a new attitude or something. A change in date doesn't spurn that inside of me.

There are certainly plans for the upcoming year that I hope come to fruition. Jake and I plan on moving, starting a family, finishing school or nearing it anyways. So yes, 2007 does bring new possibilities but that is just a coincidence.

I went to visit Devon and my nephew today. She is doing lots better but still sore. Jack looks great and is eating a ton. That boy is destined to be a big man. I can't wait until he starts scooting around and getting into trouble. That is one adorable quality I love in kids. Troublemaking. I seem to revel in it. Maybe because my parents enjoyed it in my brothers and myself when we were growing up. We were never rewared for being bad, but very quickly after we had been punished we would hear them regailing their friends with the stories of their 'bad' kids. They would always be laughing and trying to mask their amusement from us but we knew.

On Monday my classes start again and then Jake begins his a couple days later. The stress of school resumes but I am surprisingly anxious for it to start. School somehow makes me feel like I am living. I guess I am just one of those odd birds who loves to learn and craves it. Maybe that is the new lame excuse I can use when family members ask me when I am finishing school. Ha-pretty flimsy, but true. Otherwise, I doubt I would be planning on grad school immediately and then hopefully getting my PHd one day. We'll see. For now, I really love finding out why things are and don't intend to stop!

Whew, tons of babbling today. I must have been storing up.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM PST , Blogger Housefairy said...

Love of Troublemaking and Love of Learning...see why we are such good friends?! College is awesome and of course you want to go back! Thats just more signs that you are on the right track and in the right major!

 
At 1:23 PM PST , Blogger Barbnocity said...

Hi, Amanda,

I keep trying to post a comment, but the new blogger keeps interferring!!!! Grrr!!! I love your blog, though, and I have been reading it!!!

Maybe I will run into you some day at WSU--I had no idea you were going there until I read your blog!!!

ttys

Barbnocity

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home