prose by amanda

Friday, January 26, 2007

musings

Today while I was reading my friends blog about sledding a thought occured to me....why do adults not go sledding? Why don't we set up evenings for this event much like we would plan any other event with our friends? It is great exercise and so much fun that you don't freeze! It really isn't that cold when you are running up and down a hill with a tobaggan slowing you down.

Well, that and the nice cocoa with some amaretto or peppermint schnapps would certainly make a cozy event. I would rally my friends but I feel I know the answer from just about all of them. Certainly there are a couple that I know would be down with it but otherwise I think I would get the 'I'm too old' or 'I don't want to get all wet' or some other lame excuse that we would never accept if a child said it. Oh well. Maybe soon.

In other news, I have gone over two months without CUTTING MY HAIR! How fascinating, i know. It truly is a big deal to me because i can normally not handle not changing things up. I did get it colored and highlighted on my birthday but not chopped! Well... I did get the mullet trimmed off...but that was necessary and does not count!

As I only have 4 hours until it is time to go home for the weekend, I really must find something to do that will keep me busy but not hurt my brain. This whole week has seemed like it has lasted well, two weeks! I just want to sleep without an alarm going off. That is it. Just a little lie in! You know, like 7am woud be nice. Granted I will certainly sleep longer than that, as Jake would vouch but my point was made....

I can't believe I have written so much about nothing, I think i will stop it for now until my thoughts have a clear direction! Happy Weekend!

4 Comments:

At 9:11 AM PST , Blogger Housefairy said...

We would go, and in fact the entire time I was sledding, I was thinking "We HAVE to go do this with "everyone"...it would be a total blast, especially at the park we went to because there are options from little to steep for the hills. Bring yer spiked cocoa in a Thermos...lets plan it for Feb.

 
At 9:19 AM PST , Blogger Barbnocity said...

Hi, Amanda!!!

Housefairy's post about sledding sent all of us to Target to buy new sleds!!! (Which, btw, are 75% off so who could pass up a new sled for $3!!!!) So, we are all geared up and ready to go!!!

Thanks for posting on Gwen's birthday post. For ideas of what Simon and Gwen like--Gwen is all girl--she loves pink and purple and care bears and fuzzy things and hello kitty and dresses--but she also loves crayons and paper and board books and cars and any stuffed animal.

Simon loves anything about planets and the solar system, he loves cars and trains and planes, stuffed animals, and all that stuff. He loves paints and crayons playdo, floam, and markers and paper--plain or colored. He also loves books and puzzles.

They are both really easy...they like just about anything (even clothes, oddly enough)

I am so glad you are coming to our party!!! This will be the first bday party we ever had for them, so I hope we don't screw it up!!! Eeek!!!

Barbnocity

 
At 11:07 AM PST , Blogger Housefairy said...

SO glad I could inspire! At Simon and Gwen's bday party lets make plans to sled...

 
At 11:08 AM PST , Blogger Housefairy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home