prose by amanda

Thursday, May 03, 2007

wish-washy

I have been told that I am slightly wishy-washy and prone to changing my mind. I think that should just be noted as an endearing quality. Quirky- if you will.

After the great hullaballoo of making decisions on where to move, Jake and I are now staying put for at least another year. Well, those are the plans this week. After deciding to retire the long-suffering truck Jake drove, we bought a new/used car and have committed to another sizable monthly payment. We are happy to have not so many worries of Jake being stranded somewhere on I-275. However, that payment pretty much negates moving. I think it all happened for a reason.

I really wanted to be out of here asap in case we had a baby soon. I have this deep-rooted issue that I should own a home when I/we have a child. Because that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, I think we should enjoy the fact that we can basically afford where we live and have perks like two new cars. It won't last long, surely.

On a new note...School is done for the summer! No, not for good. I have a while to go it seems. WSU does not offer what I need during it's summer semester so I figure I should just enjoy the summer and no classes. It will be fun in the fall because Jake is going to become a WSU student and if we are lucky our classes will coincide and we can drive together. Maybe he will help me go to class more often. As it is obvious due to how long I have been in school, I don't exactly go to class as often as some professors would deem appropriate. Oddly enough, I think I would love to teach at the University level when I am done one day. I will not enforce an attendance policy, however.

As I type this I realize that I have nothing new or exciting to share. Moxie got a ridiculous haircut that is not really noteworthy and I am dying to see my friends. I feel like I haven't seen anyone and hung out in AGES.... soon I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home