prose by amanda

Monday, April 09, 2007

Eek!

As I had mentioned in the previous post, we are thinking about moving. There seems to be a lot of that going around right now, but anyways...there is a big decision looming: Do we move out of state? Scary to even think about really but we have thought and thought. Although I doubt that we will make a move like that soon, it is still lurking in the back of my mind.

My favorite, most dear cousin Julie lives in Chicago(she moved during her college years) and has told me why we should move there. We mentioned that we may come and stay with her for a few days in June and perhaps go look at places. Get a feel for the city as an actual HOME. Even typing this makes me nervous. Chicago certainly isn't that far away but it isn't that close either. No hangouts on weeknights with close friends. Nope, we'll have to make some there. Eek!

As I said, this is pure talk and excited speculation but I have more and more come to love the idea of living in Ferndale/possibly Royal Oak. Maybe Ferndale will be the first step. Maybe it will be a final step. I guess that is what makes it so exciting.

6 Comments:

At 5:06 AM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Chicago significantly trumps Ferndale....and yet...lets just say I understand. 100%. Its scary to think we did something terribly foolish like move away or not move away! and how did you get the little pink lacy border thingy on your background?

 
At 3:13 PM PDT , Blogger Wedgehead said...

Are there jobs just lying around on the ground waiting to be picked up by people in Chicago? I'd hate to you guys go and I'd especially hate to see you guys go and not get jobs.

 
At 3:59 PM PDT , Blogger Hawksbill said...

Um... sorry to rain on this Chicago idea, but I need to remind you that "Team Foot Foot" is not in Chicago. By definition, gaming sucks there. :)

 
At 7:06 PM PDT , Blogger Amanda said...

I don't really think that we are going to be moving so far away but if we did, we would definitely not move unless we had jobs lined up.

Yeah, I think Ferndale should be the next option, at least that way Jake can still have his gaming group. ;)

 
At 8:55 AM PDT , Blogger Wedgehead said...

Yea!!!! Ferndale Rocks!

 
At 3:00 PM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Like they would move away before checking out the job market....

michigans economy suck a dizzle and friends are the only reason i even consider remaining in this godforsaken hellhole. good on them as newleyweds to cinsider getting the hell out. we all should be so brave and adventurous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home